This page will continue to be updated as decisions are made.
COVID-19 New August Policies
Social Distancing and Points of Contact
- The ropes in the sanctuary main level will be taken down, allowing people to sit where they want.
- The ropes in the sanctuary upper level will stay for now to allow people to have the opportunity for social distancing and have an extra level of precaution.
- Hymnals will return to the pews, but we will continue to offer communion through individual packaging and receive the offering without passing the plate.
- Chairs will continue to be socially distanced in Trentham Hall for contemporary worship until school gets back in session for the Fall.
- Members and guests are encouraged to stay home if feeling ill.
- Masks are recommended for people in hallways and common areas. Some may choose to wear a mask at all times, particularly if they or someone they have contact with regularly are unvaccinated or immunocompromised.
- Masks will not be required once people are seated in the sanctuary or Trentham Hall for worship.
- We request that people wear masks in hallways and common areas out of respect for young families whose children have not been vaccinated.
- Masks are required for children (ages 3 and up), youth, and adults in the children’s and preschool areas and youth area.
- Sunday school classes and other gatherings of groups may choose to remove masks if the group feels comfortable, but some classes and groups will continue to ask members to wear masks.
In-Person Worship & Adult Bible Study
Join us in person on Sunday mornings for our 8:45 and 11 am services! Please be prepared to follow the precautions stated above. If you can't attend in person, you can join by TV, Facebook, Youtube, or our website. Let's worship together!
You can also meet with us on Wednesday evenings at 6 pm for Adult Bible Study. This meeting takes place in the Trentham Hall and will resume on August 18. Before Bible Study begins, you are also welcome to join us for Wednesday Night Supper starting at 5 pm.
During both services, the preschool floor is open for Extended Care for children ages three and under. Children in grades 1-5 will attend the services with their parents. Masks are still required for children and adults on the preschool floor.
Sunday School & Small Groups
If you would like to participate in a Sunday School class or Bible study group, there are options available to you! Contact the teachers below for information on the topics of study and how to connect each week. Everyone is welcome!
Sunday School Classes:
Love Thy Neighbor (Sanctuary Building Room 241): Brent McDougal -
Discovery Class (230 Centre/Virtual Zoom): Cathy Campbell -
Tatum Class (Sanctuary Building Room 240/Virtual Zoom): Alan Tatum -
Midway Class (Education Building 304/ Virtual Zoom): Emily Plemmons -
Seekers Class (Sanctuary Building Room 220): Fred Kaserman -
Calloway Class (Hill St. Training Room 120): Bob Calloway -
Ruth Class (Education Building 301): Jane Hall -
Friendship/Nelson Class (Education Building 305): Tammy Basiri -
Servant Hearts (Education Building 307): Tere' Atwater -
Open Circle Class (Education Building 306): Andy Edmondson -
Wyndward Class (Education Building 303C): Yvonne Satterfield -
Youth Sunday School (Youth Suite): Chuck Powell -
Preschool & Children's Sunday School (Preschool & Children's Floors): Susan Tatum -
Bible Studies/Small Groups:
Youth Sunday Night Bible Study (6:30 pm, Youth Suite): Chuck Powell -
College & Young Professionals Bible Study (Tuesday, 6:30 pm): Tim Boone -
Worship With Us!
Our 11 am service is broadcast every Sunday on CW20. Click here to get your channel!
Last Sunday's Worship Service: Watch Now!
Continue to Give
- Give online - click here!
- Mail your gift to First Baptist Knoxville - 510 W. Main St., Knoxville, TN 37902
- You can drop your gift off at the church. Please call ahead (865-546-9661), and a staff member can meet you at the door.
Ongoing Missions Ministries
Held every 2nd & 4th Tuesday and all servers will be wearing gloves and masks. Van drivers needed.
The FISH Pantry will continue to be held on the first Monday of the month from 9 am - 1 pm.
A team of volunteers will respond to all requests for assistance. Calls will be made from home using Google Voice.
- FISH pantry: peanut butter, saltine crackers (box with 4 packs), and coffee (instant, single packs)
- South Knoxville Elementary School: hand sanitizer, Clorox wipes, board games (new), and playground balls (new)
- Food Co-op and Safe Families: Toilet paper and paper towels (for toilet paper: as these items are in short supply in stores, please only donate one 12-pack per family)
- General: Hygiene supplies (shampoo, deodorant, soap, and razors)
Please drop off donated items in the baskets inside Trentham Hall on Tuesday or Thursday between 10 am - 2 pm.
In addition to your regular giving, please consider giving to the Local Community Ministries fund. This will allow us to purchase grocery and gas gift cards, provide rental assistance and housing, and allow us to support the efforts of our community ministry partners during this difficult time. This can be done online by clicking here or by sending a designated check to First Baptist Church.